Windows 10 Trouble : Holding ALT down makes it stick
Error Trouble : I am a 3D artist on the latest Windows 10, and recently when I hold down the ALT key it “sticks”. I have to use that key for basic functions, like moving the camera, so it is always sticking. I have “Sticky Keys” turned off, but that made no difference. This is very frustrating, as it slows my workflow down tremendously. Is there a way to disable this “feature”? I do not want windows assuming I want to keep keys down indefinitely just because I held them down for a few seconds.
User : DavidJHixon
Question : Holding ALT down makes it stick
Update : Last reply June 10, 2021
Solved : Benedict P
Views : 3 views
Answer : 1 replies
How to Fix Holding ALT down makes it stick on Windows 10?
- Hi David, I’m Benedict, an Independent Advisor. I’m here to help you.
Kindly try running the Keyboard Troubleshooter in Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, or to locate this:
– Open Start Menu.
– Type and search for “Troubleshoot settings”. Open it.
– In the right pane, if you can’t see the said troubleshooter or no recommended troubleshooter is listed, click on Additional troubleshooters.
– Now, look for the said troubleshooter and click it.
– Click on “Run the troubleshooter”
If that doesn’t help, then try performing a Clean boot to see if there are Startup apps or non-Microsoft services that are causing the said issue. To perform a clean boot in Windows, see the steps here: https://support.microsoft.com/topic/da2f9573-6e…
Please see if that helps.
Holding ALT down makes it stick fixed Laptop Windows 10 | Resolve Holding ALT down makes it stick PC Windows 10