Windows 10 Trouble : Win + Shift + s Not Working in Windows 10
Error Trouble : I used to take screenshots with Win+****+s and then Ctrl+v to insert into documents (Powerpoint, OneNote, etc). But now it is not working anymore. The selection tool appears and I can mark a selection, but the picture is not put into the clipboard and I cannot insert it. Occasionally, it works but usually, it does NOT. There are similar threads in the forum, but for some reason, they are blocked. Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
User : Soerendip
Question : Win + Shift + s Not Working in Windows 10
Update : Last reply July 8, 2021
Solved : imtigger2
Views : 10.85K views
Answer : 19 replies
How to Fix Win + Shift + s Not Working in Windows 10 on Windows 10?
- So you’re able to create the screenshot using one of the menu choices, but the Cloud Clipboard doesn’t pop up in bottom right showing a thumbnail so you can paste it?
1) This sounds like the clipboard is the problem. See fixes here:
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cloud-clipboard-… (Avoid ad links, especially avoid Restoro ad!)
https://windowsreport.com/fix-windows-10s-clipb… (Avoid ad links, especially avoid Restoro ad!)
2) See if you can System Restore to a point before the problem began following this guide: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-r…
System Restore is your first line of defense and can take you back to a point before a problem began. If it doesn’t help then you can undo it. Read about it first in the tutorial above and then try restoring to just before this started.
If the problem repeats or System Restore doesn’t work then check which Windows Updates were installed at Settings > Update & Security > Windows Updates > Update History, uninstall them there or System Restore again, then immediately check for and block the Updates with the Hide Updates tool explained here: https://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninsta…
3) Go over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki…
Start with Step 4 to turn off Startup freeloaders which can conflict and cause issues, then Step 7 to check for infection the most thorough way, then step 10 to check for damaged System Files, and also Step 17 to test a new Local Admin account. Then if necessary continue with the other steps to go over your install most thoroughly.
4) If nothing else works then do a Repair Install, by installing Media Creation Tool, open tool and choose to Upgrade Now. This reinstalls Windows while keeping files, programs and most settings in place, is the most stable method to advance to the latest version, and solves most problems. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/m…
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted. If you’ll wait to rate whether my post resolved your problem, I will keep working with you until it’s resolved.
Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.
Windows MVP 2010-20
Millions helped via my tutorials and personally in forums for 12 years. Now an Independent Advisor.
I do not quit for those who are polite and cooperative.
Reply Report abuse
1 person found this reply helpful
- You can take a screenshot and have it in File Explorer, Pictures, Screenshots by using the Win key + the Print screen key.
What you are using is for Snip & Sketch.
If this answers your question – Then mark it so. Then others may find it.
Reply Report abuse
Win + Shift + s Not Working in Windows 10 fixed Laptop Windows 10 | Resolve Win + Shift + s Not Working in Windows 10 PC Windows 10