How to Fix 0x80070490 Windows 10 Error Code – A considerable number of users are complaining at different forums that when they proceed to update an app in Store, they witness an error message written – Try that again. After trying multiple times and putting a lot of effort, they can’t succeed in updating the applications.
In this concern, if any of the services fails to perform, this error occurs. We illustrate the steps in this article to Fix 0x80070490 Windows 10 Error Code if you witness an error note inscribed “Try that again” while proceeding to Update every app via Store ahead.
1. Windows Update Troubleshooter
Before you proceed with doing investigations to find out any other issues, run the troubleshooter. Hit this link to download the “troubleshooter” and execute a double click to run it. Click Next, and the “troubleshooter” will itself dig out the mess up and show it in the next wizard.
2. Make Another User an Administrator
2. If running the troubleshooter does not work, proceed to another one.
- Press the “Win and I” keys and click on the “Accounts” block on the spread-out Settings Application.
- In the left flank of the application, strike on the 4th tab “Family & other users,” and click “Add Someone else to this PC” on the corresponding right pane.
- A pop-up asking for either email id or phone number comes up on the screen; type it in the given box and click “Next”.
- In the wizard conveying Good to go! Wizard, click “Finish”.
- A user is added in no time in the section of “Other users”.
- Click on the freshly added user and successively on the “Change account type button”.
- A pop-up comes out, click on the drop-down and select “Administrator,” and hit “OK.”
Now go to the store and start afresh update stride for the application on which you have been confronting the error 0x80070490 messages. You will notice that it is updated hassle-free.